This is a great opportunity for an Employment Associate to join a leading international Law Firm.
Duties, Responsibilities & Person Specification:
- Advise on the full range of employment law matters in Guernsey and Jersey, with a focus on advising employers generally on their rights/duties under Guernsey and Jersey law; drafting and amending contractual documentation and policies; business licensing, housing and immigration; assisting corporate teams with due diligence and transaction support; and the full scope of advising on, preparing for and supporting employment litigation in the local tribunals and Royal Court.
- Proactively assist in developing and expanding client relationships important to the Firm’s success, at the same time becoming a valued resource to clients. This will involve being actively involved in the development of relationships with core clients and participating in associate-led business development initiatives.
- Participate in the development of the practice’s know-how, and actively participate in thought leadership events such as conferences, seminars, client presentations and internal training. This will include regular trips to participate in events in both islands.
- Provide technically sound advice and a highly responsive service to clients and support colleagues, senior counsel and partners on all client matters.
- Maintain a sustained record of revenue generation and profitability, follow recommended billing rates, manage costs appropriately and ensure personal utilization meets expectations.
- Adhere to the Firm’s values and professional ethics and proactively seek resolution of conflicts.
More information about this role is available upon request – contact the team today for further details.